A reference mountaineering bag, recognized from the Rockies to Fitz Roy, the Black Diamond Speed is a lightweight bag designed for progression in fast style on rock, snow or ice anywhere in the world. Featuring a new material in BD X-rip 210d coated in UTS™, the new Speed bag is ultra durable and resists season after season of intensive use in the mountains. A removable waist belt, flap and back panel make the bag fully modular and allow the entire carrying system to be rationalized. It also benefits from an increased level of comfort thanks to the new moisture-wicking back panel and redesigned shoulder straps in bi-density foam for better load distribution during the approach while remaining minimalist in the wall. PickPockets™ ice ax holders now feature a new metal toggle attachment for safer transport; the ultra practical crampon holders and the retractable rope holder complete the organization possibilities on the bag. Convenient textured main flap loops for use with gloves and drawstring skirt providing easier access and forming additional protection against spindrifts and light precipitation.
- New BD “X-rip” 210d Nylon UTS™ coated main material
- Welded front panel for better protection against abrasion and crampon points.
- New metal toggle ice ax holder with mini PickPockets™ and removable 20 mm crampon holder
- Top loading, with removable flap, drawstring closure skirt and stowable rope holder
- Modular design: removable back panel / bivouac mat and removable waist belt with fixed webbing belt
- Redesigned harness-style shoulder strap design for an increased level of comfort and durability
- New version moisture-wicking back panel
- BD “X-rip” 210d Nylon body fabric with UTS™ coating
- Weight: [S/M] 990g (2lbs 3oz)
[M/L] 1.14kg (2lbs 6oz)
- Volume: [S/M] 28 L (1,700 cu in)
[M/L] 30 L (1,830 cu in)